Monday, November 4, 2019

Sentence Reduced

Hodge's Sentence Reduced
by Jay Unver

(Lehrton, Mississippi) I bumped into Zane Hodge and his lawyer, Tom Flanagan, as they were coming out of the Big ASS Training Center and Headquarters Monday morning. Since Hodge had a smile on his face, I asked what was up.

"We met with Dr. Nomann and discussed arbitration on my excessive Show Cause penalty. To make a short story long, he has agreed to lower the judgment to $250."

"Oh," I said. "I can see why you are smiling."

"Well, it's only right. That quarter mil was way out of line. As Tom rightly told him, that would never hold up in a court if we sued, which we would have."

"So I guess congratulations is in order again. What is up for Friday?"

"We haven't agreed on all the events yet. We have come to terms on a 700. I want more events, but Beets hasn't offered anything or accepted my offer of at least a 100."

"Why would you push for a 100?" I asked genuinely curious. "You know he will win that one."

"I need the work. I need to improve there. Hey, this competition has been good for me. Getting beat really woke me up. Now I am training like I need to be again."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I am doing speed work. I am sprinting. I am doing hard sets instead of just going up and down the pool."

"Oh, I see."

"Yeah. And I plan to set some more Strongman records this week also. Randy Beets should have let sleeping dogs lie."

"I guess so."

No comments:

Post a Comment