Monday, January 20, 2020

1/13 - 1/19

I had another good but not outstanding training week. Monday I swam 4,295 meters and shuffled 2.7 miles. Not only that, but I lifted weights. Last year at this time I had not run a single step. I am also ahead in my swimming volume. However, the quality of my swim training was better then than now. I am not sure why. It can't have anything to do with age. I really don't believe it does. Maybe I was just more driven then having just learned about the Senior Olympics.

Tuesday I swam 4,181 meters, ran 6.44 miles, and did more lifting of the weights. Solid stuff right there, solid stuff. Wednesday I did not swim because John was out and I decided at the last minute to sleep in. Sometimes sleep is exactly what the body needs. I hit the road in the afternoon for 4.4 miles and did some leg work at Plate City.

Thursday I was back in the pool for another 4,181 meters. I hit the road fairly hard for 7.05 miles. I did not lift. I think it was raining, and I did not want to go the Twin Rivers. Friday was another minimalist day. I swam 4,135, but the rest of the day was spent at Hodge Ski Lodge. We, RT, Quinton, and I, moved stuff to the south 40, and we closed with Trent Harrell on 93 acres of the place. I wanted to run and lift. Usually, Friday is one of my volume days, my chief volume day. But not this time. 

Saturday I lounged long and rested hard. I did go to the pool and stroked out 3,724 meters. Later I lifted so I had to make up two sessions. I hit push, pull, and legs all in one. 

For the week, I

swam 20,516 meters,
rode the stationary two minutes and five seconds,
ran 20.59 miles, and 
lifted weights four times.

Another solid week, my second consecutive 20/20 week. There is a goal: every week of 2020 a 20/20 week. That would give me a million meters of swimming and over a thousand miles of running. In case you have forgotten, a 20/20 week is one wherein I have swum at least 20,000 meters and run 20 miles. Doing that makes one solidly durable.O know from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment