Thursday, January 23, 2020

Continued Water Woes

Just like Tuesday morning, I slept in. To face a really cold pool at 4:00 a.m. takes a better man than me. Wednesday is also my long day at Greenville, and I have a night class in Geenwood, so I knew training time was going to be at a premium. When I got home from my trip west, I hurried to get to the pool as soon as possible. It was torture wading in. 

Then I began to swim and going down the lane, I felt a patch of warmer water. 

What!?!?!? 

I know from swimming outdoors in the spring that different temperatures of water means warming not cooling. I flipped, changed lanes, and swam east. The water in that lane was noticeably warmer. When I flipped on the east wall, I felt it: warm water shooting out of that powerful jet. Hot dog! This pool is going to get warmer as I swim. And it did. 

For a while. 

Then the warm water coming out of the eastern wall jet became cold like everything else. What the heck? Maybe it will come back on, I hoped.

I finished my swim, which means I got out in time to go to work. This is what I did.

2,000
10 X 50
850 small paddles
total: 3,350 yards = 3.061 meters

When I got out of the water, it sounded like a pretty hard rain coming down. I looked out and saw that some of the parking lot was dry. Huh? I dressed and went outside. Water was pouring out of two gutters on that side of the building. I did not think that was right, so I sent Debbie a text.

On my way to work, I swung by the pool. Debbie and one of the pool men, Robert, were inside. I went in to try to get information on the state of the water for Thursday morning. Debbie was on the phone. Robert told me that they had it fixed, and the water should be perfect in the morning.

I still didn't want to get up. I didn't. Debbie sent out a text at 5:53 that the pool was not ready. 

Anyway, after my class, though I did not feel like it, I went for a shuffle in the dark going 3.45 miles. I went straight to Plate City when the run was over and did my squats, six sets worth. I managed to pull off a pretty OK training day. The students and I moved the Old Testament class, since it is block scheduled, to Monday so next week I won't be so rushed after coming home. Monday will be the rush day.

Praise God for a good day, and Lord help us get that pool fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment