Thursday, January 9, 2020

Third Day at Work

When I started swimming, I just knew. Sometimes you do. I don't know what I knew, but I knew I knew it. John was late and I was early. I think I might have known that it was time for a straight swim. So that is what I did. I went for 6,150 yards (5,621 meters) in 1:56:24. That should bump my low end endurance up a notch or three.

It was my first day at the Greenville Higher Education Center also know as GHEC. I will be going there two days per week this semester. That's four and a half hours of driving per week, right in time for Chicot training. Praise God. Even now, with no classes, I had to pack a bag so I could run at lunch. Then, like the genius I am, I left home with the wrong bag. Anyway, I shuffled 3.44 miles on Archery Range Road. I know what you're questioning: Is there an archery range on that road? I didn't see one.

So I got back home a little after 5:00 p.m., and I was supposed to meet Brad at the pool at 5:00. He is the only swimmer I have left. We worked on his timing and kicking. I introduced him to brick kicking. He liked it and it made an immediate improvement in how he kicks. We were also invaded with the baby swim lessons so I was only able to do an additional 400 yards, but I did get a lot of brick kicking in.

After that, I went home and hit Plate City for leg day. I did seven sets of squats. I am most definitely stronger in the legs than I have ever been. Maybe today, working here in town, I can have time to play with the yoke. I could have last night, but there is something about getting keys out and taking chains off of things in the dark that puts a damper on certain moves after the sun goes down. All in all, however, it was a busy day but I still managed to get in all three workouts.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment