Sunday, January 5, 2020

Day Four

I did not go to the pool until 1:00 p.m. I didn't have much in mind except to do some kicking. What I swam was

1,300 24:16 (1:51)
2 X 25 brick kick
200 medium paddles
250 fast 3:48 (1:31)
250 medium paddles
200 kick with fins
2 X 50 long paddles
total: 2,100 yards = 1,919 meters

That was a nice practice. The brick kick is something I created while moving a brick around in the pool. The management has a couple of bricks in the building to weigh down the robot cord. I sometimes put one or both of them on the bottom to tell me how long to stay under water on my turns. I have taken to kicking with the brick, which weighs about five pounds, held out in front of me. It works the quads like mad and winds me terribly. I have to stop twice to make 25 yards. My goal is to make on length with one stop for breath.

I decided that for the most part I will not run on Saturdays. This gives me more time for swimming and lifting. I went to Plate City and did Swim Pulls, some squats, dead lifts, log presses, and farmer's walk. On the FW, I did 2 X 250 feet with no added weight. That was a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment