Thursday, January 16, 2020

Third Day of Classes

John called Tuesday night and said he would not be at the pool Wednesday morning. He had to take Patsy to a doctors appointment in Jackson. So when I got up to use the bathroom Wednesday morning, I looked at my watch upon returning to bed. It was 3:41, and the alarm was set for 3:43. I thought about what faced me for the day, a long drive times two, much teaching, and even a night class that I recently agreed to teach on Wednesdays. I turned the alarm off and went back to bed. I needed the rest.

When I got home from Greenville, I barely had time to quickly change clothes, shuffle 4.4 miles, and then do a little lifting. The little lifting involved squats. That is all I did. I had to finish fast, go inside, take nutrition, and get back to work.

I said sometime back that I was through with night classes. But I will learn one day not to say what I will never do. Ironically, I enjoyed the class. That is how I started with MDCC, teaching night classes. It's different. The building is quiet, the classes are small, and the students are serious. They have jobs. They are not here to play around. I find that refreshing. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment