Saturday, January 11, 2020

Fifth Day Back at Work

Yes, I had to work Friday. 

Life is tough. 

I know what you're thinking: "Cry me a river."

It's still tough.

Not only that, but the dip in energy I felt Thursday was magnified Friday. I was just trying to get by, survive until it was time to go home. But at least I did swim. I went through the motions for

2,200 with lots of stops at the wall
17 X 50 slow with lots of long breaks at the wall and lots of paddle use
total: 3,050 yards = 2,787 meters

At least I was there and not sliding backwards.

After work, I went home, ate, napped, and got ready for a run. I think that was my first nap of the week. Life without naps is overwhelming. I did a meandering 11.04 miles. It was not slow but slower, slower than slow. Slower than old-man shuffling. I did, however, finish out another strong week of training. Last year, I did not run at all in the month of January and only a little in February. Now I have a solid base, and I am practicing some restraint. I am a little bit lighter and a little bit stronger. That should translate into some better performances on the road. I won't know until I run my first 5K. Yes, I know about testing, but my legs just won't do it unless someone say, "Runners, get ready," and then blows an air horn. That will happen sometimes this spring. Until then, thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment