Saturday, January 4, 2020

Day Three

For day three of the new year, John was out at the pool so when the alarm went off at 3:44, I said, "To heck with that," and went back to sleep. I went into the pool at about 7:30. I wasn't feeling it so I only did

1,200
2 X 25 with brick (this is a kick holding a brick out front; try it)
2 X 50
Then I worked on dive starts doing 
4 X 20
I finished with a 50 using medium paddles for a total of
1,500 yards = 1,371 meters

That gave me one of my best week totals of 2019. But this isn't 2019. So that gave me my best total of 2020. Wait, the week was split between the two years.

I decided not to lift. Three workouts per day is a bit much. Plus Penny and I were to go to Louisiana to eat fish with the Barrentines. Louisiana to eat fish!?!?! Yeah, it's only eighty miles. Only eighty miles!?!?!? Yeah, it's a nice ride and not something we do every week. Penny and I go there about three times per year. We were leaving at 4:00 o'clock so I did not want to be in that much of a hurry. Consequently I ran 6.43 miles before getting in the bathtub to get ready to ride two state away to eat catfish.

Jr. and Frances Barrentine in line at Old Hardware
Fish House in Kilborne, Louisiana.

It was a good day. It was a good night. The trip to the fish house two states away was an enjoyable time. Thank you, Jesus, for good friends, good times, and good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment