Sunday, January 26, 2020

Saturday

I don't like to have any kind of timeline or demands for Saturday. I swim, but I go to the pool when I get good and ready. I didn't get good and ready until about 1:00 p.m. I had a slight idea of what I wanted to do. I had not done much quality during the week because of the cold water. Mostly I just did straight swims. So I swam

1,600 31:29 (1:57)
550 8:41 (1:34)
250 medium paddles 4:32
Total: 2,400 yards = 2,193 meters
then 250 kick with fins

That was a nice little add on to all the swimming I have done this week. With just a bit of quality (the 500), it added to both my quantity and quality for the training cycle.

By Saturday, I had only lifted twice all week. I needed to do everything, pushing, pulling, and legs so that is what I did. On the bench, I went light and used the Swiss bar. On the squat, I did three light sets. I pulled out all the stops, however, for the framer's walk and set a new PR. I did 

1 X 50 + 0
1 X 50 + 20 per side
4 X 50 + 50 per side
1 X 50 + 55 per side 

The full 50 feet for the + 55 is the PR. Last week, I did that weight, which I find very heavy, for 25 feet. I felt pretty good to go the full 50 with it. I think next time I do heavy farmer's walks, I need one more warm up set before getting to the plus 50s. Then I think I might do five of the heavy ones.

It was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment