Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Back at Work

We went back to work Monday which meant that after getting up at 3:44 a.m. and going to the pool and swimming almost three miles, I could not return home and go back to bed. Yeah, I did a lot of that during the break. For the first day back at work, I swam

3,300 1:05:53 (1:59)
2 dive starts = 50 yards
300 medium paddles
8 X 50
1,100 small paddles
Total: 5,150 yards = 4,707 meters

Our Convocation at MDCC was OK. They fed us breakfast and lunch, which means I had two breakfasts. It was long, however, with lots of speakers and session and walking from building to building. I did not leave the campus until 3:30. On the way home, I went by Turnrow to pick up my new runner's journal. I also purchased a copy of Woodrow Wilkes novel, Delta Blue. I then went home, changed clothes, and hit the road. I shuffled for 5.71 miles, going through the Yazoo River Trail (the part which isn't flooded), the gravel road off East Claiborne, Robert E. Lee, the Boulevard, and back to the house. Then I took some nutrition, my fourth meal of the day, and went to Plate City were I benched

13 X 100
12 X 105
11 X 110
10 X 115

I also did a couple of sets on the log and some farmer's walks. On the latter, I did 4 X 50 with an additional fifty pounds on each side. I am getting stronger on that move. I am still loving it. It works everything. I can see changes in my body, some of which I am convinced come from this move. For instance, my obliques are starting to show up. These have developed from all the bracing and stabilizing it takes to carry that weight. I think the log press has impacted that muscle group also. To make a short story long, I am really enjoying the gym right now, and I think these strength gains will translate into better performances on the road this spring and summer. We will see. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment