Monday, April 5, 2021

3/29 - 4/4

Although last week was a planned reduction in volume, I still had a full and productive training cycle. Monday I swam 3,427 meters and did some serious lifting at the gym.

Tuesday I ran an easy 6.25 miles. Wednesday I swam 2,879 meters, ran 2.23 miles, and lifted those weights like I was mad at them.

Thursday I swam some more, 2,216 meters. My log shows that I did not run nor lift that day. But Friday, Friday I did a full marathon, a giant Geezer trainer.

Saturday was an easy day of study, rest, and some light training. I swam 4,000 yards straight, and lifted more weights.

For the week, I

ran 24.28n miles,

lifted weights three times, and

swam 12,178 meters.

The Geezer Run is drawing near. Penny keeps saying that she doesn't see how I am going to do it. One of my deacons told me at church Sunday that "Maybe you should call this thing off." Praise God. That helps. It's not that I fuel on doubt to prove people wrong, it just helps me a little that some people think I can't do it. I am almost in that category myself. But I learned a long time ago that to do amazing things, you have to take risks, you have to try things that frighten you. The Great Geezer Run for Diabetes frightens me. Will I make it? Will it turn into a sufferfest? Will I regret ever attempting it. There is only one way to find out. Stay tuned, and thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment