Thursday, April 22, 2021

Rumbling Wednesday

Let's get ready to R U M B L E ! ! ! !

That is what we did Wednesday. We had our MDCC 5K at the Greenwood Center only.

There was only a handful of us. My boss let me leave campus early so I could go home, change clothes, and get to the race site, the linear park in front of Crystal Grill. I walked over so I would be really warmed up. The crew arrived a little after 2:00, and we were off. Katie Jones, who could have won easily said she was going to walk to enjoy the company of the others. Actually, she was having mercy on an old man. That was nice of her, and I really appreciate it.

That made me the only runner. So I won. I know, but if a politician runs unopposed, they still take office. I take the victory.

They were still walking when I came in. I would have walked back and walked with them, but I had to pee really bad so I left. I crossed the bridge, made my way to the trail and into the woods. There I was able to pee and then I did some extra running. I ran another 1.05 miles so it was a pretty good workout: a hard 5K, plus some walking and some easy running.

At home, I rested and readied myself for pull day at Plate City. I hit the new chest-supported T-bar machine for

14 X 35
12 X 45
10 X 55
  8 X 60
  8 X 60
  7 X 60 narrow grip

Also, I did Lenny rows for

10 X 135
12 X 135
12 X 140

In addition to that, I did rack pulls for

4 X 185
5 X 205
5 X 225
5 X 235

Then holds for 240, 245, and 250 going about ten seconds for each hold.

Not only that, but I did reverse flys, chin ups, and biceps work. So I had myself a pretty good day. As I type this, the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes in exactly two weeks away. My little injury issue is much better and I have some ideas on shoes and blisters and survival. I want this thing to start. I want the challenge, the adventure. Thank you, Jesus, for a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment