Monday, April 19, 2021

4/12 - 4/18

I had a pretty good week training wise. I think. I have gotten to that point in the program where I am beginning to doubt, I am becoming afraid, I am thinking, 'what have I done?' It always happens so this crises of confidence has not caught me off guard. But still, it rocks my world, and I do wonder what sort of suffering, of misery, of failure I have signed myself up for. Let me tell you about the week and then I will get back to my whining.

Monday I had a big day. I only did one workout, but it was a good one. I ran for 15.22 miles nonstop. Well, I did stop long enough to water the grass on the side of the road a time or two. Looking at my training diary, I see nothing recorded for Tuesday. Nothing. Well, as Luke said, "Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

Wednesday, however, I was back on the job with 5.11 miles of roadwork and a solid day at Plate City. Thursday, I did my only swim of the week: 4,200 yards straight.

Friday, needing something long, but fearing injury to an already sore body part, I took a long hike. I walked 11.54 miles. Well, 1.11 of that was shuffling. The idea was to make the muscles work long and get into and stay in that fat-burning metabolism. I did that. But my feet paid the price. I even managed to get to the gym for some more weight training. So I had a decent day.

Saturday, I lifted weights two times. In the morning, I did my second push workout of the week. In the afternoon, I did my squat session, going

3 X 45

3 X 75

3 X 80

3 X 85

22 X 90

3 X 95

2 X 100

Yeah, that set of 22 was brutal. It should help, however, both on strength and conditioning. I did some other stuff, like leg extensions, leg curls, and calf work. 

For the week, I

swam only once for 3,838 meters,

lifted weights five times,

ran 20.33 miles, and

waked 10.43 miles.

That should move me forward in my fitness. But I am getting antsy. Our church has granted me the day off for May 9. They have a rough idea of my schedule and I plan to write out an itinerary for them. The T-shirts have been ordered. Fundraising has begun. Most of the hay is in the barn, but I always grow mistrustful during the taper. It is going to take every trick I have learned in my lifetime to pull this off. God help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment