Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Encouragement

I had a meeting. Yes, I worked late. When I made it home, I had an errand to run. So something had to drop from the schedule. The swim dropped. I tried to call John and tell him. He never lets me know, but I am nice like that. He didn't answered. He didn't call me back. He won't be sorry. 

Not only did the swim drop, but so did the gym. There just was not time neither was there energy to get it in. That has been a problem of late exacerbated by yard-mowing time. I have two yards now. This needs to change. Soon. 

I finally got home and was able to waste some time. Then I went out for some road work. I thought to run ten miles. I felt pretty good so I went eleven. Then I decided twelve was better. I finished around 9:00 p.m. with 15.22 miles. This was my longest continual run of this buildup. I have done more mileage, but the twenty milers I have done have been mixes of running and walking. This was straight shuffling with no Gatorade and no Gu. I ate a banana before the run then drank water on it. 

This should be a good endurance builder for me. When I finished, I was not as stiff as I normally am after a long run. Also, my feet were in good shape. That is one of my big concerns for the Geezer. Bad feet = bad run or a truncated one. God forbid. Thank you, Jesus, for a nice long run with some encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment