Sunday, April 4, 2021

Saturday

I capped the week off with some swimming and lifting. John and I met at the pool, and I swam 4,000 straight. It was a good way to loosen the legs a little and get some needed exercise after running a marathon Friday. My feet were sore. My legs tired. My motivation missing. What to do? The pool is usually the answer. Either that or a nap or both. I did both.

Not only that, but I studied for Sunday. Then I went to Plate City and lifted. Between sets of bench presses, I mowed the back lawn. On the bench, I pressed

12 X 100

10 X 110

  8 X 115

   4 X 120

I also did some squats. I did not do any leg work last week. Why? Primarily laziness. On the squat, I did

3 X 75

3 X 80

20 X 85

The twenty-rep squat set put a major hurting on my wheels. They were in the spasm mode. When I reached over to pick something off the floor, it was like being electrocuted. The muscles on the inside of my thighs went into full cramp mode. I hobbled inside and went to bed. Thank you, Jesus, for being able to hobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment