Friday, April 16, 2021

Chat with Jim Bob

"I had time Thursday for my usual three, but I did not have the health nor the recovery." 

"Huh?"

I was talking to Jim Bob. He always asks about my training. He says he gets in shape just listening to me talk about it.

"I swam. And John was on time."

"Huh?"

"Don't ask me. He was there along with everybody else in town. But at least the others were not in the pool. Twin Rivers apparently was hosting a tennis tournament. The parking lot was full. People were walking everywhere. It looked like three yard sales going on at once. I had to park in front of a house up the street. Anyway, I did a straight swim, and I noticed that my fitness has slipped a little. I have been missing the pool too often. I swam

   4,200 in 1:22:01 @ 1:57 per 100

"That should put some endurance back into my upper body. I need to swim today and tomorrow." 

"So what did you do then?"

"I went home and mowed the front lawn. Doesn't it look good? I did not even think of running because I have had an issue of late."

"Which is?"

"I don't want to talk about it. I did not run. Maybe Friday. Maybe."

"And no weights? What getting lazy in your old age?"

"Age has nothing to do with it. I've always been lazy. But that is not why I did not lift. The rotation was not right. I did pulls on Tuesday and pushes on Wednesday. The only thing I was due for was legs, but I was trying to save them for Friday."

"So you're going long Friday?"

I hope. But I am not sure. Depends on how the legs feel. Pray for me, please."

"Will do."

No comments:

Post a Comment