Friday, April 2, 2021

Discipline

Training has slowed this week, but that has been planned. Every few weeks an endurance athlete in heavy training needs to reduce the volume and intensity for a week to let the body's recovery system catch up to the stress load. This is where discipline comes in. I have often been accused of having great discipline because of all the work I do. Actually, the discipline comes in not doing, in having some restraint.

Wednesday I swam and ran and lifted. Thursday, however, I took another day off from the road (discipline). At the pool, I did a simple practice: I swam

1,100 21:37

25 back 

1,100 for time 18:28

200 medium paddles 3:47

total: 2,425 yards = 2,216 meters.

At home, I rested and then went to Plate City. There I did Lenny Rows for four sets. One-armed bent rows for three sets of three at 75 pounds. A bunch of revers flys, some chinups, a pull up, and four sets on the curl machine. It was a thorough workout that left my muscles trembling. 

Now the Great Geezer Run is one month away. If you have not donated, there is a link on my Facebook page, a Go Fund Me link. All the money goes to the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi. Please give, and bless the Lord, oh my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment