Wednesday, April 21, 2021

On Track Tuesday

I tried to get back on track Tuesday. I worked late like I always do on the second workday of the week. It is Film as Literature day, a day that I enjoy very much. Then I ran an errand or what I call an errand. I went by Outlaw Sporting Goods, my first time to do that. I was shopping for something that I might need for the Geezer Run. They have a lot of inventory. After that, I went home and took a run, a short one. I shuffled 2.24 miles.

Later, I went to Plate City and did a push workout. I put the order back to push/pull/legs from pull/push/legs. The former seems more natural for some reason. The latter was what I had changed to because of the pressure that pulling and leg work back-to-back puts on the low back. But now that I have that chest supported row machine, that is no longer an issue.

On the incline dumbbell bench press, I pushed

16 X 35

12 X 40

3 X 45

6 X 45

7 X 45

I found the 45s to be heavy. I don't know why. I really do not like doing dumbbell work on the bench press, but I am doing it anyway because I feel that it is a good exercise and I have developed a rotation on the bench, a rotation of flat bar, Swiss bar, and dumbbells. 

On the overhead press, I did

14 X 45

12 X 55

  8 X 65

  6 X 70

I also did a set of Swim Pulls, some triceps pushdowns, and thirteen sets of lateral raises. 

So although none of the numbers were big, I did train and got in two workouts. Today, however, I will miss the swim again. We are having a 5K at the Greenwood Center and I want to do it. That will be a good training stimulus for me. 

Huh? 

Yeah, a hard 5K will bump up the VO2 max. 

But do you need that?

It never hurts and certainly will help pulling some of those hills between here and Ridgeland. Continue to pray for me, for it. And thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment