Sunday, April 11, 2021

Another Long One

I did another long one Friday. Not as long as last week, but still enough to build some endurance. I went to the hills and parked at the church in the curve on what they now call Highway 23. From there I went down the hill, the half-mile slope that is always good for some glute and hamstring activation as well as some VO2 max stressing. I went down and up and down and up and then I pulled the two pound hand weights from the bed of my truck and went down and up again. 

Then I ran over to Mount Olive Baptist Church. From my truck, it was 2.8 over and over course that far back. To get there, I had to run and mile-long downhill, cross a bottom, and climb a .75 mile hill going up to the church. I stopped and ate some cookies on the front steps of the church.

On the way back, I stopped at the 220 yard track that sits in the bottom. I thought to do some speed work, but my legs would not cooperate. Also, I took a different route on the way back and came out below the half-mile hill and had to run up it again. Then I took the nearest gravel road and ran to a big hill on it. At the top, I stopped at another church and took a Gu and rested on their front steps. 

Next, I ran back to the cemetery across from the church I parked at. I went inside and found a grave there that the person had died in 1892. Wow. I finished with 14.61 miles. That is a long way from the 26.25 of last week, but last week was a walk/run. This was a straight run and in the hills. It was another deposit in my Geezer Run account. I hope I do not overdraw when the big event comes. Thank you, Jesus, for the good training and the fun I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment