Thursday, April 1, 2021

Return to Three

Wednesday I met John in the pool and he was on time for the sixth time in the last 1,700 (seriously, two to six times per week for over eight and a half years). I swam straight for 3,150 yards in 1:07:_ _.  It had been a while since I swam straight. My times have slowed lately so I thought I needed to refresh the fitness base.

After the pool, I went out for a small shuffle of 2.23 miles. That is not much, but remember this is my step down week.

Yes, Plate City was next. This marked my return to three workouts in one day. Instead of regular bench pressing, I did dumbbell benches. I have been rotating working with the straight bar and the Swiss bar. I decided to put dumbbells into the rotation. I pressed

10 X 35

12 X 35

14 X 35

15 X 35

In addition to the benches, I did lots of shoulder work with fourteen sets of lateral raises and two sets of log presses. All in all, it was a strong day of training. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment