Friday, April 9, 2021

Four

Four.

Four?

Yes, four.

Really?

Sort of.

Sort of? Tell me about it.

Well is started with a walk at work. Katie Jones is always trying to get students to be more active, so she scheduled a walk at 1:00  p.m. 

How many students walked?

One. That is 100% more participation than I expected. You know what they say: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him fish."

They say that?

Somebody does. Well, we walked .89 of a mile.

You call that a workout?

Yes. I am counting it. Then I met John at the pool. Yes.

Yes what?

Yes, he was late. I swam 

1,300 26:36

500 for time 8:18

200 medium paddles 3:44

50 back 1:14

total: 2,050 yards = 1,873 meters.

So that's two. Then I went home and put my new back supported row machine together.

Do what?

It's a machine that lets you do heavy rows (or light ones) while the back is supported.

Why? You lift weights to get strong. You don't want your back strong?

The issue is that the lower back gets over worked while doing heavy rows. Add to that deliberate low back work like deadlifts and squats and the low back sometimes goes wonky. Mine did recently. So when the program comes up for rowing, the back won't take it.

Oh, I see.

Yeah. Now I can hit the rows and not add that extras stress to an already overly stressed body part.

So how is the machine?

Great. This was a good purchase. I lifted while I put it together. By the time it was assembled, I was ready for rows. I did five sets of rowing on the new machine. The feel on the upper back is great, while the strain on the lower back is non-existent.

So you lifted for workout number two.

No. I swam for workout two and lifted for number three.

I see. And you ran for number four.

Yes. Not far. I only did 2.28 miles, but I have a big one planned for Friday so I did not want to hit it too hard.

Sounds like you had a good day.

I did. And I slept really well.

I bet.

Thank the good Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment