Tuesday, April 20, 2021

New Week

I was off to a turtle start Monday. First, I had some business to take care of after work. Then I went to the pool. John was late and when he did show up, he wanted to talk. We chatted about twenty minutes which knocked me out of most of my swimming. All I got was 1,200 yards.

Then Penny and I went to Over 60s. We have not had that in over one year because of COVID. It was nice to resume that bit of normalcy, but I really needed to train instead of go eat too much fish. I did, however, enjoy myself. At the end, the lady whose name escapes me asked me to to stand up and tell about the Geezer Run. That was nice and I asked for prayer for my training, health, safety, and success. In response, two people made donations. As of now, with the checks I have at home, the fundraising total is just under $900.

Today I work late, but I must also train late. I need to run and lift. One day this week, I need a long run, not as long as last week, but long nonetheless. I need about eight to ten miles and a bit of walking. The taper has started along with the nerves I wrote about yesterday. I am getting excited and nervous at the same time. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment