Monday, April 26, 2021

4/19 - 4/25

Pain was up and numbers down last week as the Geezer Run draws nervously close. My wife keeps saying, "I don't see how you are going to do it." One of my deacons at Centerville said, "Maybe you should call this thing off." One church lady said, "Why do you have to do something? Why don't you just take up money?" The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi wants to know "when to start looking for a body."

Believe it or not, I like this. When I do races, someone always yells, "You're looking good," as I drag by. 

I know they are lying. 

Of course it makes my angry when they ask, "Are you alright?" That question implies that I look like I am not. Truth be told, often I am sure that is the case, that I look like I need immediate medical attention. 

If you happen to drive out during the Geezer Run, yell out, "You look like crap. Do you want me to call 911?" 

Trust me, I will appreciate the honesty.

Monday I did not do any training. I think I might have mowed some lawns somewhere. I think. I did not write anything down, and I have a forgetter that works overtime.

Tuesday I took a short shuffle of 2.24 miles and lifted weights. Wednesday I did the MDCC 5K and added a little more running and walking for a total of 4.09 miles of roadwork. I also lifted more weights.

I don't know what happened Thursday. My training diary is blank. That means I did not swim, did not run, and did not lift. And I do not know why.

Friday I did some real training. I ran 10.11 miles. Also, I swam 2,400 yards, my only water work of the week. See what I did there?

Saturday, Penny and I went to Kosciusko for the Natchez Trace Festival. Usually they have a 5K. Not this year. COVID? I don't know. I walked some test driving a pair of my old Hokas for their suitability for sustained ambulating at less than a running pace. That's one of my problems. My current running shoes are great for running but not good for walking. I get blisters when I walk and I get them fast. 

But I think I am figuring out a few things. I think. I will learn on the Geezer run if I have or have not come up with answers. The time is drawing near. 

For the week, I

swam 2,193 meters,

walked some,

lifted weights three times, and

ran 16.47 miles.

That is not enough running. But that is what I did. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment