Monday, April 12, 2021

4/5 - 4/11

Monday was a light one with a short 1.6 mile shuffle, and heavy lifting at the gym. I did no swimming at all. Tuesday I ran 3.12 and did nothing else. I do not remember what was going on, but time was an issue. 

Wednesday I finally made it to the pool and swam an easy, straight, and slow 1,250  yards. Thursday, I snuck in 2.28 miles of roadwork, swam 2,050 yards, and did some thorough lifting. This was the day the chest-supported row machine made it to the Hideout. I put it together and used the new machine. It is good. I am happy.

Friday I went to the hills and ran 14.61 miles. I did lots of climbing and got a good endurance workout in. Saturday, I swam 2,100 yards, and lifted big. That was also the day I registered for the Senior Olympics. Penny asked me about the date so I went online and looked it up. Her question was providential because Saturday was the last day to sign up for the swim meet. Dude, I almost missed it!

They have expanded the number of events one can do from four to six. Yeah, I signed up for six: the 50, 100, 200, and 500 free, and 50 and 100 back. I am not a good backstroker. I felt, however, that entering these other events would cause me to train harder and work on my backstroke technique. I had already planned to drop the 50 free and add the 100 back. But with the addition of the two extra swims, I can do all the freestyle races and two backstroke races. Probably I will get my butt handed to me in the back stroke. That's O.K. I'll take my whipping like a man.

For the week, I

only lifted weights three times,

swam a mere 4,994 meters, and

ran 20.01 miles. 

That is not enough running for what I have coming up. This week I hope to rebound for a plus-thirty week. I need it. From today, the Great Geezer Run is scheduled to begin in a mere 24 days. Yeah, that gives me two weeks of training and one week of taper. Please pray for me. Jesus, take the wheel, heal my body, and pour in some energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment