Monday, April 3, 2023

3/27 - 4/2

Good and bad. Strong and weak. Productive and unproductive. It was that kind of training week. Monday I hit the pool hard for 3,650 yards. At the City, I whuffled 1.36 miles and lifted some weights.

Tuesday it was more good swimming. I went for 3,650 yards. But since Penny and I had a Gideons' Banquet that night, I did not have a chance to run or lift.

Wednesday, I swam 3,500 yards and ran 1.74 miles on the treadmill. Yes, that means I went to the City, but I only did light legs since I was racing Saturday.

We had another banquet Thursday night so my training was once more curtailed. Since I am priortizing the swim right now, I went to the pool and did 3,600 yards.

Friday I swam 5,450 yards and lifted weights with Abdul at Plate City. We hit everything, except legs, and we hit it hard.

We raced Saturday, and I got second place in the 60 - 98 year old age group. 

For the week, I

  ran 6.16 miles
  lifted weights three times, and
  swam 22,050 yards or 20,153 meters

That was excellent volume in the pool, and I had plenty of quality to go with it. For years, I have considered 20,000 meters per week to be the gold standard for my swim training. It's hard to get there because it take lots of time, energy, and food. That is one reason I have been having trouble keeping my running numbers up. They crashed like a shot-down fighter jet last week. Maybe I can get the running back up while not losing the swimming this week. That's the goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment