Sunday, April 9, 2023

Saturday at Home

I don't remember how many Saturdays it had been since Penny and I were home. It's been one after another after another after another. Not that I minded the things we did on those days. Far from it. One Saturday I ran the Mississippi Trail 50 50K. That was an amazing experience. I also got to spend time with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. Then there was a Saturday with my girls, Andrea, Penny, and Caitlin. And there was the 5K in Cleveland. And some more. This time, we were at home. I got to do my slow-start day, and make my sixth training swim of the week.

That was the first thing I did, go to the pool. I swam 

  150 my watch was on Open Water and giving me crazy numbers
  1,100
  100 kick with fins
  100 with fins
  100 kick with fins
  50 back with fins
  350 medium paddles
  4 X 25 no breath
  2 X 50 back with small paddles
  3 X 25 dive 25
  250 small paddles
  25 easy
  total: 2,450 yards

Later I went to Plate City and hung out with Pee Wee. While out there, I shuffled some on the treadmill, 2.13 miles, and lifted pull and legs a little bit. I experiment with the overhead press machine and did shrugs on it. Huh? I stood on the seat and did a bunch of reps. It was good, yeah.

So there you have it. With the sixth swim practice, I finished off my biggest yardest week of the year. That should pay off when we go to Biloxi in two weeks. I ordered a racing suit, and I am shaving a little every time I take a shower. Praise God for the chance to compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment