Wednesday, April 26, 2023

The Paper Chain

I did it all Tuesday. I went in to the pool at 4:45. Vicki was already swimming, and we did not talk. She is still in the recovery mode while I am in the training for the next meet mode. I swam

  1,100
  4 X 50 breast
  600 small paddles
  200 back
  12 1/2 fly and 12/1/2 free (I couldn't make it)
  25 fly
  2 X 25 no breath
  75 ?
  8 X 50 various paddles @ WIFL
  450 25/25 free/back
  total: 3,350 yards

That is not hard training. But it is some volume, some stroke work, and some strength work. What was lacking was quality. I guess I'm still in the recovery mode too.

At home, I went to the gym. Pee Wee has missed too many workouts lately. I shuffled some on the treadmill (1.19 miles) and did a push workout. It feels good to make those muscles work. With the semester winding down, I hope not only to be more consisitent, but to up the volume also. 

In case you are wondering, I made one of those paper chains. Momma used to make one for me before Christmas when I was a small boy. Every day upon arising from bed, I would tear off a link. Eventually, the links are all gone, the day had arrived. That is the way our lives are, but we don't know how many links are left. One day, we will tear off the final one. Live like that, like today is the final link. Work, worship, workout, smile, love, cherish, nap, read, and give like this is the final day. It might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment