Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Ready to Kick Butt and Take Names

Due to a jacked up week, Vicki and I had to swim before work Monday morning. That did not leave much time so I did a straight swim with some pickups and stroke thrown in. What that means is after I was warmed up, I would hit a hard 25 now and then. Not only that, but I rolled over on my back and did some backstroke and even added in some breast. I totalled 1,450 before it was time for me to get out and go home to get ready for work. I would have like more volume with some sprints, but I did the best I could with what time I had.

I found time so squeeze in a short 1.51 mile run. I plead the 5th Ammendment on how I did that. So I got two of the three. We had Over 60s and of course I ate too much. God blessed my taste bud and every bite was an explosion of amazing flavor. Even the onions and the pickles were over the top. The fish was the best ever, and they didn't put out water, so I had to drink lemon aid. Life is tough sometimes.

I hope to get to the gym tonight and not lift again the rest of the week. 

What? 

Yeah, I want to arms to rest.

But what about legs?

Whatever I can get tonight will have to do.

Why?

Because lifting involves more than the particular muscles involved. The central nervouse system is fatiqued as well. I want everything fresh for Saturday.

But did you not do Crazy Man Quadrathon two days before the State Games last year?

I did. I also swam not as well as I thought I should have. I won my races, but I was a little disappointed in my times. But I really don't know what my times should have been because that was in a short course meters pool whereas the State Senior Olympics is a short course yards pool. That was my first time swimming short course meters. I don't have enough experience to know how to relate the times between meters and yards. I do hope, however, to beat my times at the State Games this year. I have been training harder, I should be more rested since my DFM fundraiser is after not before that meet, and I am crazy motivated right now and will be training long course meters started next week.

How do you know you will be doing long course next week?

I drove by Twin Rivers this morning on my way to work. The big pool is being pumped up as I type.

Won't it be cold?

Yes, for a few days. But it will warm pretty quickly. They have painted three lane lines on the bottom, and I have a new pace clock. By the grace of God, my shoulder is sound. I am ready to kick butt and take names.

No comments:

Post a Comment