Thursday, April 13, 2023

Can't Wait

It's been a nice week at work. Food. We have had food. Every day. We have had food every day. Monday it was breakfast buritos. Tuesday Culinary made us hamburgers. Wednesday they prepared chicken in three styles. They were all good, but the hot wings were the best.

Wednesday is my long day and it was long and good. I finish with Old Testament Survey, which I love to teach, but I probably spend two hours per day studying for that. I have six other courses to prepare for. Yeah, teaching is easy.

At the pool, we swam

  800 16:11
  200 kick with fins
  5 X 50 @ 2:00
  200 kick with fins
  5 X 50 @ 2:00
  200 kick with fins
  5 X 50 @ 2:00
  100 back
  5 X 50 @ 2:00
  100 back
  4 X 25 no breath
  2 X 25 dive start
  brick kick (I made it all the way.)
  total: 2,150 yards

That was a much shorter practice than we have been doing, but it was intense. My 50s were fairly quick for me and very consistent. I think that is a good sign.

Back home, Pee Wee wanted me to come to Plate City so I did. I ran 1.65 miles on the treadmill, and did my push workout, focusing on the overhead press and the shrug. Wait, shrug? Yeah, that is a pull, but I am going to do that every workout for a while, the shrug. Why? It has been neglected for a long time, and doing it on the overhead machine is great. I went up to 260 on it. My machine is only rated for 300 pounds so I will max that out pretty soon.

Thus, I did three workouts for the first time in a long time.

Debbie is having some lane lines painted on the bottom of the big pool. This will be a big boon to our training. With the pace clock and some lane lines, watch out Meridian. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment