Monday, April 17, 2023

4/10 - 4/16

It was not a strong week for training, especially for running. I am beginning to feel some frustration in this regard. And this week is already chocked full of extra stuff. Dude, I just want to work and train. Isn't that enough?

Monday we swam 2,825 yards. I also took a walk/shuffle with the wife on the Yazoo River Trail. I ran a whopping 1.07 miles. Tuesday was not much better with 2,600 in the pool and 1.22 with Penny. 

By Wednesday I was becomming a little dangerous. IWe swam 2,150 and went to Plate City. Pee Wee forgave me again. Only a dog is that noble. I did 1.65 on the treadmilll and lifted weights. 

Thursday I did it again. That is I swam, lifted, and ran. But they were all little ones. In the pool, we did 2,200. At the City, I managed a mere 1.15 on the treadmill, and spent time with Pee Wee. Yeah, I lifted a little also.

Friday, normally beiing long-swim day, was reduced this time due to the upcoming swim meet. I am registered now for seven, count them, seven races. They now let us do as many as we want. Now, I will know and for next year I will probably shoot for eight. But the point is, I swam a mere 2,050 with some simple sets in there. 

Saturday was no so glorious either. Penny and I did a day trip to Philadelphia, to Williams Store. Back home, I dragged myself to the pool and swam 1,250 yards. Pitiful, but better than a poke in the eye.

For the week, I

  ran 5.09 miles (WHAT!!!!),
  lifted weights two times (!!!), and
  swam 13,073 yards or 11,950 meters

Was that sparse enough to lose fitness? Probably I have lost some running fitness. In the pool, I should be getting fresh, and I was beginning to feel like it. Now with one more week to go, did we cut too much. Some of this cut was forced. I would have swum more had I not been hindered so much. I will know after Saturday if this taper was on point or too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment