Monday, April 10, 2023

4/2 - 4/9

I was Melvin Magnum Meters last week. Yeah, I had a good one in the water. The others, not so much. It started on Monday like it always does. I swam 3,800 yards. There was no energy left for anything else, so Pee Wee was sad as he had to lift alone.

Tuesday I kept the pool heated with another big one. I splashed for 3,700 yards, but this time I didn't stop there. I went out on the road for 5.19 miles. No, there was nothing left for the gym. 

By Wednesday, I had cut the swimming down to 3,650 yards. No, with working late and all that other, I was happy to get that done.

I had an idea jump into my brain for Thursday. Yes, that is always dangerous. My idea? 10 X 400. Did I do it? Yep. Was it difficult? A bit. I enjoyed it and it gave me a lot of volume with some quality. I plan to do it again only next time I will go for 11. Also I hit the road for a huge 1.11 mile run.

You know Friday is long swim day. I did 5,650. In addition to that, I went to Plate City for the first time and ran 2.65 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights. 

Saturday I did my sixth swim practice of the week. I swam a mere 2,450 yards and then hung out with Pee Wee at the City. I did light legs, pull, and 2.13 miles on the treadmill.

For the week, I

  ran 11.08 miles,
  skiergged 4:45 minutes,
  lifted weights two times, and
  swam 23,250 yards or 21,250 meters

So the running was light, but better than last week, the lifting was really bad, but that swimming. Yeah. That was some good training. I will be using it soon. The State Senior Olympics are less than two weeks away. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment