Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Long

Because of working long and swimming long, I had a truncated training day Monday. When I got off work, I went home and took a nap. Teaching four straight classes hits me pretty hard. Then I met Vicki at the pool. We swam

  1,050 warmup 
  500 for time 8:37
  200 easy
  6 X 100 @ 2:30
  200 easy
  6 X 50 @ 2:00
  150 easy
  6 X 25 no breath
  300 Vicki's cooldown
  150 back with small paddles
  2 X 75 medium paddles
  50 back
  total: 3,800 yards

That was a pretty strong practice. Vicki tied her Senior Olympic time in the 500. That's pretty good in a pool without lane ropes and with no competition. My time was not that good, but I hope that is a result of accumulated fatigue.

When I got home, Penny had supper made, I was tired, and I was hungry. So that was the end of the day for me. After supper, I tried to prepare for class the next day, but I could not get into Canvas. Sometimes I wonder if the school throws roadblocks like that at us to make life more difficult. Everything is always made more difficult. One day, I am going to count the clicks I have to make on the computer to take attendance. I have to scroll past links that I don't even know what they are to get to the bottom of the page to the Attendance tab that I have to sign into about fifteen times per day. If they can figure out a way to make that more difficult, they will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment