Monday, April 24, 2023

4/17 - 4/22

Taper and race week meant all my numbers were low. That's okay. I had a good week and heavy training restarts this week. That's one good thing about swimming. Unlike running where you have to recover before you can train hard again, in swimming, recovery is so much faster you can go right back to the hard stuff. That begins today.

Monday, due to some tight scheduling, we swam a mere 1,450 yards in the morning before work. In the afternoon, I only managed to run 1.51 miles.

We were able, however, to swim a little longer Tuesday and hit 2,050 in the pool. At the gym, I ran 1.35 miles and did some weights.

By Wednesday we began the big drop off for our Saturday swim meet. We swam 1,575 yards. In addition to that, I shuffled 1.81 miles on the treadmill and did a pull workout at the City.

Thursday, we took it all the way down to 1.025 yards. Friday was travel day, and Saturday we raced. My events, in the order they occured were:

  200 Freestyle
  50 Breaststroke
  100 Backstroke
  50 Freestyle
  50 Backstroke
  100 Freestyle
  500 Freestyle
  Mixed Medley Relay (I swam backstroke)
  Mixed 200 Freestyle Relay

That was a pretty full day of racing right there, I don't care who you are. For the week, I

ran - 4.67
lifted weights - 2X
swam - 8,957 meters

That was a light week, but it showed that I am in pretty good swim shape right now. The goal is to stay healthy and get in better swim shape and to reclaim some of my running. Wow, that has fallen by the wayside. My lifting has also suffered, but we make sacrifices to race well. I have a month now before the next meet, which means three weeks of hard training and a taper week. It is nice to have goals. Thank you, Jesus, for good goals and an interesting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment