Wednesday, April 5, 2023

An Uphill Struggle

I did the best I could. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. My wife is out of town, I had a truck in the shop, and we are in registration at school. Tuff stuff.

Vicki and I met at the pool at 2:30. We took no prisoners. We swam

2 X 600
200 for time 3:17
100 easy
150 for time 2:30
100 easy
125 for time 1:59
125 easy
100 for time 1:31
100 easy
75 for time 1:10
125 easy
8 X 50 @ 2:00
100 easy
8 X 25 no breath
300 Vicki's cooldown
250 back with small paddles
total: 3,700 yards

Like Monday's practice where my 500 time was not so good, Tuesday's 200 was OK, but nothing to write home about to write in here about. But we have been Billy Big Yards for several weeks in a row now. Is that why? I sure hope it is. I am feeling better in the water, just not faster. My stroke feels more efficient when I am sprinting. When I breath consequtively on the week side, I used to feel a certain awkwardness. Now, not so much. Will that mean faster times after a taper? I think it will.

After swim, I had to pick up Penny's truck from the shop. By the time I arrived back home, I was hungry enough to be violent. Consequently, I took time to eat which left me full, lazy, and no count. No, I did not ditch the rest of the day. Instead, I went out late and ran the roads in the darkness. There is a charm in that; I can't explain it. The sky is fascinating and the air has just a touch of coolness. I shuffled for 5.19 miles. 

Then it was time to undwind and go to bed. Overall it was a good day. Pee Wee, however, was sad and slow eating his food because for two days in a row, I have not been to the City. Three days, counting Sunday. I'll try today, but it will be an uphill struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment