Wednesday, April 19, 2023

That Kind of Hitting

We had our last semi-hard practice Tuesday. I wanted to do it Monday, but some things came up. Over 60s, taxes, working late, and stuff like that derailed my train. So we went in before work, Monday morning, and did a mere 1,450 yards. Tuesday, however, we swam

  1,100
  2 X 25 breast
  3 X 50 @ 1:30
  2 X 25 breast
  3 X 50 @ 1:30
  2 X 25 breast
  3 X 50 @ 1:30
  4 X 25 no breath
  250 back
  brick kick
  total: 2,050 yards

At home, I rested some and then went to the City. Pee Wee played with his toys. So did I. Play with mine, I mean. I did mostly push with the usual corator tuff stuff. And I shuffled 1.35 miles on the treadmill. Of course I hit the overhead press machine hard. Yes, it is still my favorite.

Mostly?

Huh?

Mostly push?

I did a little pulling, but I didn't have enough fire in the belly to do the full pull workout, so I plan to finish that today. Pee Wee won't mind. Also, I need to mow the back lawn jungle. 

The meet is drawing near. Penny is excited about our trip. I am too, but I am too consumed with work and training to think a lot about it. Friday morning, when I get up with no classes and no training and only a trip to the coast on the agenda, it will hit me and hit me hard. I like that kind of hitting. Thank you for it, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment