Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Back at It

Monday after the race came around and I was back at it. Notice the singular pronoun. Vicki told me ahead of time that she wasn't doing much. I responded with, "I am doing much." Her reaction was, "Go for it." So that's how it went.

She was late getting to the pool, which made me think she wasn't coming. She did show up after I has swum 450. I stopped and proscribed 2 X 650 as a warmup. At that, she made some noise. She always makes a noise. While she swam 650, I snuck in 700. On her next 650, I did 750. Now I was in the money, so to speak. We then did 2 X 75 breast, and she tapped out shortly after that. My practice looked like this:

  450
  700
  750
  2 X 75 breast
  2 X 25 fly
  150 back
  50 small paddles
  50 medium paddles
  50 large paddles
  50 extra large paddles
  100 extra large paddles
  150 large paddles
  200 medium paddles
  300 small paddles
  50 back
  2 X 25 back
  dolphin kick practice
  total: 3,325 yards

Yes, I really did two lengths of butterfly. It was miserable, and I am sure it looked terrible. And like the dolphin kick practice, I would never even attempt that if anyone else had been in the pool or building even. But I am determined to improve in both of those areas. One of my goals for next year's Senior Olympics is to swim the 100 IM. I had that goal last year, but somewhere along the way, I let it go. Now that we can swim more events, probably I will not let it go. On the heat sheet, there was one whole page where I did not have a race. The 100 fly is on that page. Yeah, connect the dots. I do not think swimming seven events hurt me in the 500. When I had two almost back-to-back, I swam well. 

So you can see that I am already thinking about next year's meet. But we have one coming up in a month. Yehaa. The gym? When I got home from the pool, supper was on the stove. I gave in to the temptation. Not today, however, because Pee Wee deserves better. Thank you Lord, for a good gym partner who tries to hold me accountable for showing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment