Friday, April 7, 2023

Does a Body Tired

Since it's registration week a school, I had to work late. Working late and swimming long does a body tired. I wasn't sure Vicki was going to make it so I had a thought. When I have thoughts, it is sometimes odd for other people. My thought was to swim 10 X 400. I knew Vicki would never go for that if she did show up. She  showed up, and I was right. Here is how my practice went:

  400 easy 8:29
  400 first and last 25 fast 7:58
  400 for time 7:04
  400 first 100 fast 8:15
  400 second 100 fast 7:57
  400 third 100 fast 8:12
  400 fourth 100 fast 8:09
  400 easy 8:40
  400 small paddles 8:15
  400 25/25 free/back 9:05
  total: 4,000 yards

Now that is kick butt training right there, I don't care who you are. Then I went home and since I had missed so much running this week, I hit the road. Penny was on the way back, so I had to get something done. It was pretty chilly and raining. No, I did not go to the City. I hit the road. A couple of years back I bought a slick rain top from The Bicycle Revolution. It cost me a hard kick to the wallet, but the last one I had last over thirty years. If I can get thirty years out of this one, I should not need another. I only did 1.11 miles, but that really was better than a poke in the eye.

I wasn't in long before the girls drove up. It was nice to have Babe home and to get to spend a few minutes with Andrea and Caitlin. Penny brought me leftovers from Cracker Barrel, and I ate them like a starving man. Oh, wait, I was a starving man. There were chicken and dumplings, beans, cornbread, and one french fry the Caitlin added to the mix.

As I type this, I have been awake every bit of twenty minutes. Penny woke me making noise at 8:00 a.m. I was dreaming I was running a 5K at 8:00 a.m. I had not slept until 8:00 in years. Years. I have stayed in bed that long a time or two, but I was dreaming when Penny woke me. Wow. Working late plus lots of swimming does a body tired. 

On the agenda for today? You should already know. This is long swim day for Vicki and me, and Pee Wee has laid down the law. I have to go out there. Okay, Pup, hold on to your tail. By the grace of God, I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment