Friday, April 14, 2023

Three's Company

Thursday was another good day at work. We had more food, more candy, and more events. I haven't been on a scale in a long time. Now you know why. After work, we were scheduled to meet at the pool at 2:00. Debbie had swim lessons going on, so we moved the practice back to 4:30. Alaina, a real swimmer, was to meet with us. That meant three of us suffering instead of just two. Suffering is always easier with company. Isn't there an old saying about that?

Our practice went like this:

  600 11:57
  250 kick with fins
  10 X 150 @ WIFL
    1. first and last 25 fast
    2. all fast 2:21
    3. first 50 fast
    4. second 50 fast
    5. third 50 fast
    6. first and third 50 fast
    7. every 25 going west fast
    8. every 25 going east fast
    9. all easy
    10. stroke
  250 kick with fins
  4 X 25 no breath
  brick kick
  total: 2,200 yards

I found that one a bit intense but not too bad. It was nice having another swimmer there. Alaina, by the way, is one of the Pool Fools. She has big plans for June 17. Right now, Vicki and I are tapering for our meet next Saturday. I am eager to get back to some big yards in preparation for the Fool swim.

Yesterday, they (the Senior Olympics people) sent out an email saying that we can swim as many events as we want. When I did the first one, you could only swim four, so I swam four. The next year they said we could swim six, so I swam six. Now, at the eleventh hour, they say we can swim as many as we want. 

!?!?!? 

For me, this presents a conundrum. I wish I had known earlier. If you know me, my nature is "Go big or go home." I will probably add one or two more swims. Which ones? Maybe a 50 breast and maybe (big maybe) the 200 back. I haven't swum a breast stroke in almost a year, and I have only slightly trained the backstroke. Sigh. Now I have a couple of days to get ready. 

Yes I did. 

Huh?

Go to the City. Pee Wee wanted me out there, so after chatting with Penny for a while I got my stuff together and went to Plate City. I didn't do a lot. I shuffled some on the treadmill, did some reverse flys, and did shrugs on the overhead press machine. Wednesday I went up the 260 on the shrug. Thursday I hit 270. 

With the other side, that makes 270.

What? You did the same exercise two days in a row? 

Sometimes it's good to conduct a World War II style bombing campaign on a muscle. My traps have been neglected for months, so I am making up for lost time.

Thus I had a good day, a full day, and good and full day. Now if I can have another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment