Monday, July 3, 2023

6/26 - 7/2

It was a better week in some regards, but it still left something to be desired. Monday, I swam 1,600 mostly just up and down the pool in sets with no real quality. I ran that day for 2.45 miles on the road and lifted at the City.

Tuesday, I did the same kind of swimming for 1,800 meters. The running I did on a treadmill for 1.5 miles, and the lifting was of the pull variety.

In the pool Wednesday, I began my first feeble attempts at training. I swam 2,300 with some limited quality in the form of 50s and floating 25s inside of some repeat 100s. At the gym, I did legs and shuffled 1.43 miles.

I just did a double take at my training journal. Apperently, I did not swim that day. Forrest and I rode in the morning for 28.8 miles. I added to that a weight session in the afternoon. 

I did swim Friday for 1,800, and I ran on the road for 4.87 miles. Also, I found time for the City where I lifted more weights.

Saturday I met Tyler at the pool and we did a short but fairly intensive 1,500 meters. Later, the City had a visitor. Paul Barrentine and I did squats, trap bar deadlifts, and farmer's carries. We hit it hard. It was hot out there, but we shared the misery.

For the week, I

  cycled 28.8 miles,
  lifted weights six times,
  swam 9,500 meters, and
  ran 10.25 miles

I have to do better than that. Time is running out for the Heart O' Dixie, and I am sort of itching to refocus on running. Also, I am dreaming about next year, about the 2024 DFM fundraiser. What will I, we, do? I have a lot of ideas bouncing  around in the back of my head. Eventually, one of them will bounce to the front and stick there. I know from past experience that I can't rush the process. I have to let the dream form inside me. It will; it always has. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment