Thursday, July 13, 2023

And Then Taper Time

The Wednesday morning weather forecast looked like rain towards the end of when I would finish my practice, so instead of getting run out of the pool early, I went indoors and swam

  3,000 1:00:34
  4 X 25 no breath
  50 medium paddle
  50 large paddle
  100 small paddle
  total: 3,300 yards = 3,016 meters

That practice lacked intensity, but the one hour of straight swimming is a stress that does a body good. I have a couple of more days to get in some intensity.

I did run in the late morning for 2.15 miles. That's not much, but slowly I am rebuilding my running base. I am ahead of last week by a little over a mile.

Paul B cancelled on the leg work, but Forrest came over and we hit it pretty hard. We even-- at his request-- took the safety sqaut bar outside the fence. We loaded it to 75 pounds, and I went .14 straight.

That capped off a pretty good day: a three-workout day that followed a four-workout one. I have it going right now. The Heart O' Dixie Triathlon is next weekend. That means after this week I will have one more hard swim practice and then taper time. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment