Saturday, July 1, 2023

I Did It and I Did not Die

The water was warm and the birds were mildly singing when I crawled into the Twin Rivers outdoor pool Friday morning. It was only about 6:00 a.m., but already it didn't take a socket rientist to know it would be another scorcher. I guess the birds knew it too. I swam

  1,400 34:56
  4 X 50
  100 ft 1:51
  100 easy
  total: 1,800 long course meters

The JSS is about 96% well, but that other 9% is still giving me some problems. Overall, however, it was a decent if not good practice. I needed more volume, more intensity, and more fire in the belly. 

After coming home, writing a blog post, and drinking coffee, I travelled to Indianola to see Tom Bingham. We visited then I purchased a bicycle from him.

Back home, I waited for the heat to peak before going to Plate City. Why waste near-record heat? It was time for my second pull workout of the week. I did it. Between sets, I sat in front of that big fan and panted. But I did it, and I did not die.

Then I needed to run. I waited and watched the temp as the it slowly fell from 98 to 94 by 8:00 p.m. Yeah, it was 94 at 8:00 with a heat index of 112. That's what I waited for. I shuffled an amazingly slow 4.87 miles. But I did it, and I did not die. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment