Thursday, July 6, 2023

We Did

I was in the pool getting stuff out of the way a little before 6:00. When I finally got to swim, I did

  2,100 
  2 X 50 build @WIFL
  200 for time 3:49
  200 easy
  total: 2,600 long course meters

I'm still not hitting it like I need to. Am I just lazy? sorry? no count? uninspired? stupid? self destructive? I'm not sure, but I think it's all of the above.

Around mid-afternoon, I went out for a run. I didn't go far, 1.82 miles, but anything is 587 times better than nothing. It was hot out there, but livable, like 91 or 93 with a heat index of only 104. If that sounds high to you, remember we just finished a spell of 112 to 116 for several days in a row. That, my friend, is hot.  

Forrest came to Plate City after work and did upper body. Paul B. came about 5:30. We did legs. We did the hip abductor/addcutor machine. We did squats. We calf raises. We did seated leg curls. We did leg extensions. We did get tired. 

Then we talked about the old days, about when we were young and foolish, and the crazy stuff we did. Why does that give old men so much enjoyment? It did.

No comments:

Post a Comment