Tuesday, July 18, 2023

I'm Really Bad like That

Paul B came to the City and we lifted there and did a street workout. It was as hot as Hades out on that asphalt with the sun shining down on us. But first things first. 

I slept in and went to the pool in the late morning. I didn't want to feel like I did last Friday and Saturday, so I made sure I was well rested before hitting the water. I went to the little pool and swam

  1,350
  11 X 100 @ 2:00
  300 easy
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 easy
  total: 2,900 yards = 2,650 meters

That was a nice practice, and it felt perfect. It had intensity and some volume but it was not so much that I needed a nap afterwards. I wasn't even sure I could do the 100s on 2:00. I knew I could do some of them, but I kept going until all the chips were gone. Chips? Yeah, I laid out a set of 11 poker chips and moved one after each rep. Seeing the to do pile get smaller and smaller kept me going.

Paul B and I had agreed to meet at 3:00. It was Over 60s night, so we had to get it done early. We did hip ab and adduction and three sets of squats. Then we took the farmer's handles and some plates to the street. We walked

  1 X 100 + 0
  1 X 100 + 10
  1 X 100 + 20
  1 X 100 + 30
  1 X 100 + 44

The handles weight 44 pounds each. The "plus" equals how much weight we added per handle. So when we did the + 44, we were carrying 88 pounds per hand or 176 pounds total. That's body weight or more for each of us. That's also a new Association of Sports Strongmen world record. We both get credit for the record, since we were just working out and not competing with each other. That's pretty good work right there; I don't care who you are.

Paul B and his wife Beverly came by the house at 5:30, and we rode with them to Over 60s. It was good as it always is. I ate enough fish to stock a pond, and the ladies who bring the ice-ceam around know me now. I ate four of them, ice-creams. I'm bad like that. That is a long way from my record, however, when I consumed 1.75 gallons in a single day. Yeah, I'm really bad like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment