Wednesday, July 26, 2023

A Nice Motivator

If Monday started well, Tuesday continued better. I went to the big pool early and instead of just sloshing through some decent distance like I did Monday, I had a real practice. I swam

  1,300 31:23
  500 for time 9:49
  100 small paddles
  5 X 50 fast
  100 small paddles
  total: 2,100 meters

That might not look like too much, but it was. The 1,300 in the outdoor pool is way more than in the indoor pool. There are fewer than half the flip turns so the muscles are constantly working. And even though I talk about it and record it as if it's a 50-meter pool, it's actually not a 55-yard pool which is even longer. The 500 for time is pretty tough out there. It is way more like swimming open water than the little pool. That 9:49 might not sound like a good time and would not be for 500 indoors, but I was proud of it.

Late morning I took a run. I went 4.03 miles, which although is not a lot, puts me way ahead of last week when I only did 2.41 for the whole seven day cycle. Yeah, I am on the way back towards total fitness.

Pee Wee and I had it to ourselves at Plate City. I did some mowing, and I did my pull workout. Add to that 3:00 on the bike erg. I even did some slight re-arrainging at Plate City Extended. Pulling out an old plate tree that was stored behind the City, I got a few plates off the ground. Also, I moved the new squat machine a little to make it easier to get in and out of it. It actually is more functional out there now besides looking better. All of this makes me happy and there is something that made me happier. Ever so often, I would gaze at the Heart O' Dixie plate and take a charge from that. Yeah, that thing is going to be a nice motivator. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment