Thursday, July 20, 2023

Staying Alive

Wednesday morning I slept late. It was after 7:00 when I woke up. I didn't go straight to the pool. I had contacted the strength coach at DSU. They still had some plates for sale. Since DSU is not that far, and since my gym is named Plate City, I thought I'd take a few more of them off their hands. They are reasonably priced.

I showed up over there at 11:30. He had what looked like some football players with him. They, the football players, loaded the plates. We tried to make it come out to an exact dollar amount. When we couldn't, Colton, the strength coach who is a dead-ringer for Tim Tebow, threw in a mirror. Plate City has never had a mirror. Now I know why gyms have them. When you look at yourself and see how bad you really look, you think, I have to do something about this. I have to lift harder, longer, heavier. It's a good addition to the gym. Picture later.

When I got home and unloaded all the new stuff, it was time for lunch. Then I lounged until around 4:00 and went to the pool. Both pools were full of kids. I went back and hour and fifteen minutes later. Both pools were full. I think maybe they are doing lessons in the little pool. I went home and stayed there.

I did go to the City. Remember, I am not lifting upper body this week because of Saturday's race. So I worked neck (okay, that's upper body but not arms, chest, or back) and ran on the treadmill. I pulled the big fan up right by the treadmill and stayed alive. Staying alive can be a trick this time of year.

So, how do you feel about not swimming? Not too bad. I will swim a little harder and longer today, but not too much. I should be alright. I better be. I want to stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment