Saturday, July 15, 2023

I'm Still Alive

I went into the little pool Friday morning, and I felt like I wanted to take a nap. Sometimes I refer to it as the fire in the belly. The fire was not there, so I slogged through

  1,500
  4 X 25 no breath
  200 medium paddles
  total: 1,800 yards = 1,645 meters

I guess that was better than a poke in the eye but probably not much. Also, the water was very warm, 91 degrees. In some ways that was good because it's close to that at the HOD. 

After lunch, I went out for a shuffle. It was pretty hot. The dew point was 80 giving a heat index of 109. When I started, however, we had a cloud over. But as I ran, the sky cleared up and when it did, I was trying to stay alive. I stopped and stood in shade several times. Once, I stopped and sat on a sidewalk and tried to cool down. I would have taken a ride if anyone had asked me. No one offered. I wonder if I would still be on the sidewalk if I had died. I did make it home, alive, with 4.02 miles of shuffling, an unknown quantity of walking, and even more standing and sitting in patches of shade.

Sometimes you just do the best that you can do. Thank you, Jesus, that I am still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment