Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The Next Big Thing?

If the numbers were way down last week, at least I started this week off well. Although I lounged late, eventually I did drag out and go to the little pool where I swam

  2,100 45:28
  4 X 25 no breath
  300 medium paddles
  2 X 50 back
  50 easy
  total: 2,750 yards = 2,515 meters

That wasn't a great practice, but I am recovering from Saturday and still trying to decide what the next big thing is that involves water. I want to do that Across the Bay Swim on the coast, but it is on a Sunday in September. I just looked up the Dragonfly Triathlon, and it is on August 26. Almost certainly I will do it, which means I need to keep hammering it in the pool.

After some more lounging, I went out for a run in the mid-afternoon and did 3.14 miles. My running has been terrible this summer. Two weeks ago I started rebuilding, but last week the wheels came off the van. Again. I re-mounted them and hope to started shuffling again getting ready for winter. Winter is when I usually bust it out big and have fun doing adventure running and crazy training runs. I have some ideas written down in a notebook. I have to be fit, however, to pull them off.

Forrest ran over after 5:30 and Plate City Gym was occuppied. Forrest and Pee Wee and I were out there working hard. Earlier, just before he got there, I mounted the tray I won at the Heart O' Dixie. That is my most prized of all my awards. It looks really nice out there, and my eyes were on it often as I lifted the weights. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment