Friday, July 14, 2023

And Taking Names

Yeah, that kind. I had that kind of a training day. I was kicking butt and taking names. It started in the pool. Because the weather looked a little sketchy, I went indoors. I showed up a little after 6:00 hoping the morning crew would squeeze me in. They did. Thanks guys. I swam

  1,200 25:14
  1,000 for time 17:53 (1:47 -- a new Big ASS world record!)
  200 easy
  4 X 25 no breath
  50 small paddles
  50 medium paddles
  50 large paddles
  50 extra-large paddles
  100 extra-large paddles
  200 large paddles
  300 medium paddles
  400 small paddles
  50 easy
  total: 3,750 yards = 3,427 meters

That's real training right there; I don't care who you are. I was kicking butt and taking names.

In late morning, I went out for a 1.71 mile run with two pound weights in my hands. Why have I been forgetting that?

Since it did some raining, I did not get around to any lawn mowing. I did, however, get around to going to Plate City. I executed a push workout and took my bench up to 130. Remember, I didn't train the bench for about a year or more, so I am being very cautious working the weight back up. I was doing incline work and then when I bought that overhead press machine, I went crazy on it. 

Last week, at 125 on the bench, I felt something in both shoulders. Not pain or even discomfort, but I could tell that my shouders joint were not ready for much weight yet. Thursday, with 130 for five reps, they felt good. I have experienced this in the past. That's one reason I think the bench press is a must do for swimmers. We need strong shoulders. Everything about them needs to be strong. In the past, I noticed a correlation between my five rep max and my 50 meter sprint times. Yeah, the gym is essential if you want to be all you can be and beat Randy Beets.

Also, I did some spinning on the bike erg. I totalled 12:00 minutes to add to my 32 mile ride on the road done earlier in the week.

So I had another solid day of training. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment