Monday, July 31, 2023

7/24 - 7/30

It was a decent week of training, my penultimate one before going back to work. Tyler asked my the other day if I was excited. My answer: "A little." I will continue to teach until the answer is "no." If that is ten more years, then I will work ten more years. If that is one more year, then I will work one more year. 

Monday I went to the little pool and swam 2,750 yards. On the road, I hit 3.14 miles, and in the gym, I hit the weights and hit them hard.

I was in the big pool Tuesday and swam 2,100 meters. I upped the roadwork to 4.05 miles while conitnueing to work hard in the gym. 

I had that ace workout in the pool Wednesday with 3,700 yards. I ran on the treadmill for 1.41 miles, and Paul B and I did legs at the City.

Forrest and I rode bicycles Thursday morning. I went to the pool later and swan 2,400 yards. Also, I lifted weights.

Friday is the day Penny and I went to Lake Village, so all I could get done was a shuffle (3.52 miles) and a short swim 1,700 meters.

I made up for missing the gym Friday by doing two sessions at the City Saturday. Paul B and I worked legs early. I took a 1.7 miles shuffle in the late afternoon then went back to Plate City to do Friday's upper body session.

For the week, I

  ran 13.8 miles,
  lifted weights six times,
  cycled 40.04 miles, and
  swam 11,889 meters

Those numbers are decent but not good. On the positive side, there is some balance in there between the swimming and running. With this being Bikes, Blues[,] & Bayous week, I don't know how it's going to go. I should be able to swim a fair amount. The running I do will have to be done early in the week. I need some time for my legs to get fresh, so Paul B and I have already agreed to do legs Monday and take the rest of the week off. If I were in top form, I could just train right through this, but I am in average form at best, so I need the rest, at least a mini-taper. Praise God, however, for good health and that I get to train as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment