Monday, October 15, 2018

10/8 - 10/14

I went to the little pool Monday for 3,200 yards. Since I wrote about that already, I won't say any more. Tuesday we did the Greenwood Center 5K on the Rail Spike Trail downtown. Since I wrote about that one already also, but I didn't write about Place City that same day. On the bench, I did

12 X 95
8 X 120
8 X 140
4 X 150
1 X 160
1 X 166
8 X 140
11 X 120

Wednesday I went to the outdoor pool and swam

3,000 straight
8 X 50 @ 1:25 with small paddles
total: 3,400 meters.

T-Man and I also worked out at Plate City.

Thursday I didn't make the pool but did make the gym. Trevor and I worked biceps, shoulders, traps.

Friday I had the day to myself for a change. That made me very happy. I had many plans but only carried out a few of them. One plan I carried out was to go to the little pool where I knocked off

1,300
10 X 50 @ 1:00
  2 with small paddles
  2 with medium paddles
  2 with large paddles
  2 with hands
  2 with small paddles
total: 2,000 yards.

After lunch, I picked up the sled that I ordered from Leflore Steel and have been waiting a month on. It looks like palace but feels like pure wickedness.


I played with it just a little. It will work you and work you hard. Can't wait till Trevor and I put this into the routine. I'm hoping it will positively affect both strength and conditioning and transfer into some better running in the future.

Also I had planned to purchase some more weight plates Friday. I had contacted two sellers and had a plan but the BOTH backed out on me. Oh well, there a plenty of weights out there and I will purchase plenty more in the future.

Saturday, Penny and I went to French Camp with Gerald and Debbie. We also made it to Kosciusko and Mathiston to shop. I bought some popcorn, candy, a new coffee mug, and a cap. The only reason I didn't buy any weights is I didn't find any. It was a good day though. The wives enjoyed themselves and Gerald and I walked two solid miles. 

For the week, I 

swam 8,152 meters,
ran 4.46 miles,
walked some more, and 
lifted weights four times.

I think I'll pick it up this week. Randy Beets has been talking some trash on Facebook. Even his mother got into the act and hagged me about being afraid to do Swim the Suck. They should not have awakened the sleeping midget because now I am fired up and ready to kick butt and take names. Next year at the Suck Randy goes down. The rivalry has been reborn. Praise God. Rivalries are good, noble, and helpful. Stay tuned for a solid year of Beetsdown cyberbullying followed by the actual athletic destruction. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment